La Sierra University created this Online Community to allow its Members to communicate and network with each other. Membership in and access to the Online Community is limited to students, alumni and faculty of La Sierra University.
La Sierra University is committed to keeping your personal information personal, and will never sell any information provided by its Members on this site to third parties. Each Member has control over the information that is accessible by other Members. Each Member will be asked to complete a Member Profile which contains information about the Member. The Member has the option to provide all or part of the requested information, and has the option of whether each piece of information is accessible to other Members. Members are free to change these options at any time.
While La Sierra University is committed to maintaining the privacy of its Members, La Sierra University is not responsible for any damages resulting from the misappropriation of information contained on the web site, or the misuse of the Online Community.
La Sierra University Rules of Online Conduct and Behavior
The Online Community was created in order to allow students, alumni and faculty of La Sierra (collectively referred to as "Members") to communicate and network with each other online and to build upon the strong common bond we all share. In using this wonderful resource, it is essential that everyone observe and honor the following Rules of Conduct and Behavior. Any action that is deemed to be a violation of this Agreement, may at La Sierra' sole discretion, result in termination of access to the La Sierra online community.
1) Vulgarity/Profanity and Offensive Language: Members are not allowed to use vulgar, profane, offensive or sexually explicit language on the site, in chat rooms, postings or communications. Members are not allowed to post offensive or sexually explicit pictures in their Profile pages. Use your best judgment.
2) Harassment: Members are not allowed to harass other members. When one Member targets another Member specifically to cause him or her distress, embarrassment or other discomfort, this is one form of harassment.
3. Chain Letters: Transmission of chain letters, junk e-mail, or bulk communications of any kind is not allowed.
4. No Soliciting: Members will not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other members to buy or sell any products or services.
5. Using Member Information for Commercial Purpose or Financial Gain: No Member shall use any other Member's information, personal or otherwise, for any commercial purpose or to obtain direct financial gain.
6. Copyrighted, Proprietary Information: You will not post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
Website Security Rules
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the website, including, without limitation:(a) accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorized to access,
(b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization,
(c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the website, overloading, "flooding", "spamming", "mailbombing" or "crashing",
(d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services, or
(e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. La Sierra will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
PLEASE NOTE THAT VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF MEMBER'S ACCESS TO THE WEB SITE.
STUDENTS, PLEASE NOTE FURTHER THAT YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES WILL ALSO RESULT IN YOUR FACING DISCIPLINARY ACTION AT SCHOOL.